Long Island Rail Road
C-60 was built in 1961 by the International Railway Car Company for the Long Island Rail Road. It is a class N22A Flat Side caboose. After retirement, it sat in Holban Yard where it was heavily vandalized. On May 4th, 2003, it was brought out to Riverhead for Twin Forks. C-60 was completely restored to its original appearance by our volunteers and in 2009, it was brought to the New York City Transit Museum for display for the 175th Anniversary of the LIRRs 1834 Charter.
This Caboose is Currently on Display at the MTA NYC Transit Museum in Brooklyn, NY.
To learn about the work that we did to the car, click here:
Our Collection Click One:
Chapter News Click Here: